Film, Video Wayne Newell and Blanch Sockabasin: Traditional Passamaquoddy Music From Maine
About this Item
- Wayne Newell and Blanch Sockabasin: Traditional Passamaquoddy Music From Maine
- Sockabasin, Blanch (performer)
- Newell, Wayne (performer)
- Mundell, Kathleen (speaker)
- Bulger, Peggy A. (host)
Created / Published
- Library of Congress, 2009.
- - Passamaquoddy language
- - Songs, Passamaquoddy
- - Language revival
- - Maine
- - Library of Congress
- - Washington (D.C.)
- - contemporary america (1945-present)
- - Songs and Music
- - Traditional and Ethnic Songs and Music
- - Homegrown Concert Series. (source)
- - September 16, 2009. (date)
- videorecording ; 65 min
- American Folklife Center
- AFC 2009/018
Additional Metadata Formats
- Homegrown Concert Flyer for Wayne Newell and Blanch Sockabasin 2009 (The American Folklife Center, Library of Congress)
- Honoring Vernacular Sounds: AFC Recordings on the National Recording Registry
- 2009 Homegrown Concerts: American Folklife Center (Library of Congress)
- Native American Cultural Revitalization Today
- Ritual and Worship | Musical Styles | Articles and Essays | The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America | Digital Collections
- Printable Timeline | 1950 to Present | Timeline | Articles and Essays | The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America | Digital Collections
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sockabasin, Blanch, Wayne Newell, Kathleen Mundell, and Peggy A Bulger. Wayne Newell and Blanch Sockabasin: Traditional Passamaquoddy Music From Maine. Library of Congress, 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196441/.
APA citation style:
Sockabasin, B., Newell, W., Mundell, K. & Bulger, P. A. (2009) Wayne Newell and Blanch Sockabasin: Traditional Passamaquoddy Music From Maine. Library of Congress. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196441/.
MLA citation style:
Sockabasin, Blanch, et al. Wayne Newell and Blanch Sockabasin: Traditional Passamaquoddy Music From Maine. Library of Congress, 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196441/>.