Film, Video D. W. Groethe -- Cowboy songs and poetry from Montana
About this Item
- D. W. Groethe -- Cowboy songs and poetry from Montana
- Groethe, D. W. (performer)
- Swaney, Alexandra (speaker)
- Bulger, Peggy A. (host)
Created / Published
- Library of Congress, 2005.
- - Cowboy songs
- - Poetry
- - Montana
- - Library of Congress
- - Washington (D.C.)
- - Cowboys--Poetry
- - Cowboys
- - North Dakota
- - Norwegian Americans
- - contemporary america (1945-present)
- - Songs and Music
- - Homegrown Concert Series. (source)
- - July 20, 2005. (date)
- - Groethe, a working cowboy, performs his own compositions as well as traditional songs. (Content)
- - D. W. Groethe was born and grew up in western North Dakota, the third generation descendant of Norwegian immigrants. (biographical)
- - Recorded at the Library of Congress. (venue)
- videorecording ; 58 min
- American Folklife Center
- AFC 2005/025
Additional Metadata Formats
- 2005 Homegrown Concerts: American Folklife Center (Library of Congress)
- Western and Cowboy Songs | Popular Songs of the Day | Musical Styles | Articles and Essays | The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America | Digital Collections
- Printable Timeline | 1950 to Present | Timeline | Articles and Essays | The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America | Digital Collections
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Groethe, D. W, Alexandra Swaney, and Peggy A Bulger. D. W. Groethe -- Cowboy songs and poetry from Montana. Library of Congress, 2005. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196447/.
APA citation style:
Groethe, D. W., Swaney, A. & Bulger, P. A. (2005) D. W. Groethe -- Cowboy songs and poetry from Montana. Library of Congress. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196447/.
MLA citation style:
Groethe, D. W, Alexandra Swaney, and Peggy A Bulger. D. W. Groethe -- Cowboy songs and poetry from Montana. Library of Congress, 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196447/>.