Film, Video Holocaust Cantata: Songs from the Camps
About this Item
- Holocaust Cantata: Songs from the Camps
- Contributor Names
- McCullough, Donald (performer)
- Created / Published
- Library of Congress, 2005.
- - The Master Chorale of Washington, in partnership with the Library of Congress Veterans History Project, presented the "Holocaust Cantata: Songs from the Camps," a work based on the songs and letters written by Nazi concentration camp prisoners. The cantata, composed and conducted by Donald McCullough, stands as a tribute to the victims and survivors of the Holocaust. The program included selected readings from the collections of the Veterans History Project. (Content)
- - Recorded November 15, 2005 (date)
- - Composer, arranger and conductor Donald McCullough is the music director for The Master Chorale of Washington, a symphonic chorus with a core of professional singers that presents a concert series in The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. McCullough's compositions and arrangements are performed by choirs throughout the U.S. and Europe. (biographical)
- - The Master Chorale of Washington has served the Greater Washington D.C. Area for the past 38 years by performing high quality, engaging choral art experiences in the Kennedy Center Concert Hall through its own subscription series and as the guest chorus for a variety of arts organizations. Following the model of the world's finest choruses, the Master Chorale of Washington is the only symphonic-sized chorus in the Greater Washington Community that employs a complement of professional choristers and associate professional choristers within its strictly auditioned and extremely talented volunteer base. (biographical)
- videorecording ; 71 min
- Music Division
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mccullough, Donald. Holocaust Cantata: Songs from the Camps. Library of Congress, 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196482/. (Accessed October 22, 2016.)
APA citation style:
McCullough, D. (2005) Holocaust Cantata: Songs from the Camps. Library of Congress. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196482/.
MLA citation style:
Mccullough, Donald. Holocaust Cantata: Songs from the Camps. Library of Congress, 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196482/>.