Film, Video Hoop Dances by Dallas Chief Eagle and Jasmine Pickner
About this Item
- Hoop Dances by Dallas Chief Eagle and Jasmine Pickner
- Contributor Names
- Herseth Sandlin, Stephanie -- 1970- (speaker)
- Bulger, Peggy A. (host)
- Graham, Andrea (speaker)
- Pickner, Jasmine (performer)
- Chief Eagle, D. -- 1925- (performer)
- Created / Published
- Library of Congress, 2007.
- Subject Headings
- - Folk songs, Lakota
- - Dakota language
- - Dakota dance
- - Rosebud Sioux Tribe of the Rosebud Indian Reservation, South Dakota
- - Crow Creek Sioux Tribe of the Crow Creek Reservation, South Dakota
- - South Dakota
- - Hoop dance
- - contemporary america (1945-present)
- - Songs and Music
- - The first dance to a Lakota song is 26 minute into the program. (Content)
- - Homegrown Concert Series. (source)
- - November 15, 2007. (date)
- videorecording ; 58 min
- American Folklife Center
- LC Classification
- AFC 2007/030
- Online Format
- Dallas Chief Eagle of the Rosebud Lakota (Sioux) tribe and Jasmine Pickner of the Crow Creek Lakota (Sioux) tribe describe their tradition and perform hoop dances to Lakota songs at the Library of Congress, November 15, 2007. videorecording | videorecording ; 58 min | The first dance to a Lakota song is 26 minute into the program. (Content). Homegrown Concert Series. (Source). November 15, 2007. (Date). Videorecording (Form).
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
ContributorsBulger, Peggy A.
Chief Eagle, D.
Herseth Sandlin, Stephanie
Library of Congress
SubjectsContemporary America (1945 to Present)
Crow Creek Sioux Tribe of the Crow Creek Reservation, South Dakota
Folk Songs, Lakota
Rosebud Sioux Tribe of the Rosebud Indian Reservation, South Dakota
Songs and Music
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Herseth Sandlin, Stephanie, Peggy A Bulger, Andrea Graham, Jasmine Pickner, and D Chief Eagle. Hoop Dances by Dallas Chief Eagle and Jasmine Pickner. Library of Congress, 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196492/. (Accessed August 20, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Herseth Sandlin, S., Bulger, P. A., Graham, A., Pickner, J. & Chief Eagle, D. (2007) Hoop Dances by Dallas Chief Eagle and Jasmine Pickner. Library of Congress. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196492/.
MLA citation style:
Herseth Sandlin, Stephanie, et al. Hoop Dances by Dallas Chief Eagle and Jasmine Pickner. Library of Congress, 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196492/>.