Audio Recording Old Gray Mare
Old Gray Mare
About this Item
- Old Gray Mare
- Lunsford, Bascom Lamar (singer)
- Gordon, Robert Winslow (recordist)
Created / Published
- Library of Congress, 1978.
- - Folk Songs--United States
- - North Carolina
- - Bascom Lamar Lunsford was a lawyer, a folklorist, and a performer of traditional songs and music. (biographical)
- - October 19, 1925.
- - Robert Winslow Gordon Cylinder Collection. (source)
- - Spoken by Lunsford at the end of this recording: "Bascom Lamar Lunsford, who just sung the foregoing, learned it from Curtis Miles at Alexander, Buncombe County, North Carolina, near the home of Governor Zeb Banks, about Nineteen hundred." (Content)
- - This song was published on the Library of Congress long playing record, "Folk-Songs of America: The Robert Winslow Gordon Collection," in 1978, in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the Archive of Folk Culture.. (source note)
- sound recording
- 1 cylinder
- American Folklife Center
- AFC 1928/002 (cyl. A19, ms. NC19)
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lunsford, Bascom Lamar, and Robert Winslow Gordon. Old Gray Mare. Library of Congress, 1978. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196563/.
APA citation style:
Lunsford, B. L. & Gordon, R. W. (1978) Old Gray Mare. Library of Congress. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196563/.
MLA citation style:
Lunsford, Bascom Lamar, and Robert Winslow Gordon. Old Gray Mare. Library of Congress, 1978. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196563/>.