Film, Video Agustín Lira and Alma / Quetzal Cantos de mi Cantón (Songs from My Home), Chicano Music from California
About this Item
- Agustín Lira and Alma / Quetzal Cantos de mi Cantón (Songs from My Home), Chicano Music from California
- Contributor Names
- Lira, Agustín (performer)
- Wells Solorzano, Patricia (performer)
- Knypstra, Ravi (instrumentalist)
- Alma (Musical group) (performer)
- Flores, Quetzal (performer)
- Gonzales, Martha (performer)
- Quetzal (Musical group : Los Angeles, Calif.) (performer)
- Created / Published
- Library of Congress, 2011.
- Subject Headings
- - Mexican Americans--Music
- - Mexican Americans
- - California
- - Protest songs
- - Chicano movement
- - Spanish language
- - contemporary america (1945-present)
- - Songs and Music
- - Immigration and Migration
- - Homegrown Concert Series. (source)
- - September 14, 2011. (date)
- 1 videorecording
- American Folklife Center
- LC Classification
- AFC 2011/047
- Online Format
- Two musical groups on one videorecording. videorecording | 1 videorecording | Homegrown Concert Series. (Source). September 14, 2011. (Date). Videorecording (Form).
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- Alma (Musical Group)
- Flores, Quetzal
- Gonzales, Martha
- Knypstra, Ravi
- Library of Congress
- Lira, Agustín
- Quetzal (Musical Group : Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Wells Solorzano, Patricia
- 2011 Homegrown Concerts: American Folklife Center (Library of Congress)
- National Hispanic American Heritage Month 2019 - Audio and Video
- A Sampler of Luso-Hispanic American Music and Song
- Printable Timeline | 1950 to Present | Timeline | Articles and Essays | The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America | Digital Collections
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lira, AgustíN, Patricia Wells Solorzano, Ravi Knypstra, Alma, Quetzal Flores, Martha Gonzales, and Quetzal. Agustín Lira and Alma / Quetzal Cantos de mi Cantón Songs from My Home, Chicano Music from California. Library of Congress, 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196661/.
APA citation style:
Lira, A., Wells Solorzano, P., Knypstra, R., Alma, Flores, Q., Gonzales, M. & Quetzal. (2011) Agustín Lira and Alma / Quetzal Cantos de mi Cantón Songs from My Home, Chicano Music from California. Library of Congress. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196661/.
MLA citation style:
Lira, AgustíN, et al. Agustín Lira and Alma / Quetzal Cantos de mi Cantón Songs from My Home, Chicano Music from California. Library of Congress, 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196661/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoStolen Souls from Africa
Song of the Coffle Gang videorecording | videorecording ; 3 min | Recorded at the Library of Congress (Venue). Forms part of the Seeger Family Tribute Collection (Source). A version of this song titled, "The Song of...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Seeger, Mike
- Date: 2007
Film, VideoDon't Say It Can't Be Done videorecording | videorecording ; 5 min | Forms part of the Seeger Family Tribute Collection (Source). Recorded at the Library of Congress (Venue). 4:3 Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Seeger, Pete
- Date: 2007
Film, VideoGary Haleamau Gary Haleamau performs traditional Hawai'ian music from Las Vegas at the Library of Congress, August 20, 2008. videorecording | videorecording ; 70 min | Homegrown Concert Series. (Source). August 20, 2008. (Date)....
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Haleamau, Sheldeen - Haleamau, Gary
- Date: 2008
Film, VideoSreevidhya Chandramouli Sreevidhya Chandramouli of Portland, Oregon, performs vina music and Sanscrit songs of South India at the Library of Congress, August 20, 2009. videorecording | videorecording ; 64 min | Homegrown Concert Series....
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Sriji, Poovalur - Chandramouli, Sreevidhya
- Date: 2009
Film, VideoThe Candidate's a Dodger videorecording ; 4 min | Forms part of the Seeger Family Tribute Collection (Source). Recorded at the Library of Congress (Venue). 4:3
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Seeger, Peggy - Seeger, Mike - Seeger, Pete
- Date: 2007