Film, Video Agustín Lira and Alma / Quetzal Cantos de mi Cantón (Songs from My Home), Chicano Music from California
About this Item
- Agustín Lira and Alma / Quetzal Cantos de mi Cantón (Songs from My Home), Chicano Music from California
- Contributor Names
- Lira, Agustín (performer)
- Wells Solorzano, Patricia (performer)
- Knypstra, Ravi (instrumentalist)
- Alma (Musical group) (performer)
- Flores, Quetzal (performer)
- Gonzales, Martha (performer)
- Quetzal (Musical group : Los Angeles, Calif.) (performer)
- Created / Published
- Library of Congress, 2011.
- Subject Headings
- - Mexican Americans--Music
- - Mexican Americans
- - California
- - Protest songs
- - Chicano movement
- - Spanish language
- - contemporary america (1945-present)
- - Songs and Music
- - Immigration and Migration
- - Homegrown Concert Series. (source)
- - September 14, 2011. (date)
- 1 videorecording
- American Folklife Center
- LC Classification
- AFC 2011/047
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- Alma (Musical Group)
- Flores, Quetzal
- Gonzales, Martha
- Knypstra, Ravi
- Library of Congress
- Lira, Agustín
- Quetzal (Musical Group : Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Wells Solorzano, Patricia
- 2011 Homegrown Concerts: American Folklife Center (Library of Congress)
- National Hispanic American Heritage Month 2021 - Audio and Video
- A Sampler of Luso-Hispanic American Music and Song
- Printable Timeline | 1950 to Present | Timeline | Articles and Essays | The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America | Digital Collections
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lira, AgustíN, Patricia Wells Solorzano, Ravi Knypstra, Alma, Quetzal Flores, Martha Gonzales, and Quetzal. Agustín Lira and Alma / Quetzal Cantos de mi Cantón Songs from My Home, Chicano Music from California. Library of Congress, 2011. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196661/.
APA citation style:
Lira, A., Wells Solorzano, P., Knypstra, R., Alma, Flores, Q., Gonzales, M. & Quetzal. (2011) Agustín Lira and Alma / Quetzal Cantos de mi Cantón Songs from My Home, Chicano Music from California. Library of Congress. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196661/.
MLA citation style:
Lira, AgustíN, et al. Agustín Lira and Alma / Quetzal Cantos de mi Cantón Songs from My Home, Chicano Music from California. Library of Congress, 2011. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196661/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoGary Haleamau Gary Haleamau performs traditional Hawai'ian music from Las Vegas at the Library of Congress, August 20, 2008. videorecording | videorecording ; 70 min | Homegrown Concert Series. (Source). August 20, 2008. (Date)....
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Haleamau, Sheldeen - Haleamau, Gary
- Date: 2008
Film, VideoSreevidhya Chandramouli Sreevidhya Chandramouli of Portland, Oregon, performs vina music and Sanscrit songs of South India at the Library of Congress, August 20, 2009. videorecording | videorecording ; 64 min | Homegrown Concert Series....
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Sriji, Poovalur - Chandramouli, Sreevidhya
- Date: 2009
Film, VideoAnn Yao Trio Traditional Chinese Zheng Music from Florida videorecording | 1 videorecording; 70 min. | Homegrown Concert Series. (Source). July 27, 2011. (Date). Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Yao, Ann - Chen, Yihan - Wang, Guowei
- Date: 2011
Film, VideoBenton Flippen and the Smokey Valley Boys videorecording | 1 videorecording: 59 min | Homegrown Concert Series. (Source). August 17, 2005. (Date). Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Smokey Valley Boys - Flippen, Benton - Bode, Frank - Clifton, Verlen - Library of Congress - Brown, Paul
- Date: 2005
Film, VideoThe McIntosh County Shouters The McIntosh County Shouters perform ring shouts from Georgia at the Library of Congress, December 2, 2010. videorecording | videorecording ; 57 min | Homegrown Concert Series. (Date). December 2, 2010. (Date)....
- Contributor: McIntosh County Shouters (Musical Group) - Library of Congress
- Date: 2010