Audio Recording The Milwaukee Fire
The Milwaukee Fire
About this Item
- The Milwaukee Fire
- Walker, Robert (singer)
- Draves, Robert F. (recordist)
Created / Published
- Library of Congress, 1960.
- - Fires
- - Wisconsin
- - Ballads
- - Forms part of the Robert F. Draves and Helene Stratman Thomas collection of Wisconsin recordings. (source)
- - Recorded in August 1941. (date)
- - Published on the Library of Congress LP AFS L55 "Folk Music from Wisconsin," edited by Helene Stratman-Thomas, 1960. (bibliographic history)
- - Recorded in Crandon, Wisconsin. (venue)
- - The ballad concerns a fire at the Newhall House hotel in Milwaukee, Janurary 10, 1883. (Content)
- sound recording
- 1 sound recording
- American Folklife Center
- AFC 1941/012: AFS5011A1
Additional Metadata Formats
- Natural Disasters
- Traditional Ballads | Traditional and Ethnic | Musical Styles | Articles and Essays | The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America | Digital Collections
- Printable Timeline | 1850 to 1899 | Timeline | Articles and Essays | The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America | Digital Collections
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Walker, Robert, and Robert F Draves. TheMilwaukee Fire. Library of Congress, 1960. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197182/.
APA citation style:
Walker, R. & Draves, R. F. (1960) TheMilwaukee Fire. Library of Congress. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197182/.
MLA citation style:
Walker, Robert, and Robert F Draves. TheMilwaukee Fire. Library of Congress, 1960. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197182/>.