Film, Video Government camp song [illustrated]
About this Item
- Government camp song [illustrated]
- Campbell, Mary (vocalist)
- Campbell, Mary (composer)
- Treat, Margaret (vocalist)
- Treat, Margaret (composer)
- Campbell, Betty (composer)
- Todd, Charles L. -- 1911-2004 (recordist)
- Sonkin, Robert -- 1910-1980 (recordist)
- - great depression and world war ii (1929-1945)
- - Songs and Music
- - Audio track taken from AFS 5101 a1 (General)
- - Photographs taken from Library of Congress online collections (General)
- - Photos used: Children under an FSA camp sign (https://memory.loc.gov/afc/afcts/images/p014/0001u.tif) -- Children of migrant Oklahoma family, now living near Fresno, California, picking cotton(https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1998021850/PP/ ) -- Pea picker's home (https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1998018292/PP/) -- Migrant agricultural worker's family (https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1998021554/PP/) -- Baseball game at Vasilia FSA camp (https://memory.loc.gov/afc/afcts/images/p023/0001u.tif) -- Children in school at the FSA (Farm Security Administration) farm workers' camp (https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa2000020490/PP/) -- Bakersfield, Calif. Family of 14 (https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2011648655/resource/) -- Lunch for children at the FSA (Farm Security Administration)'s mobile camp for migratory farm workers, Odell, Oregon (https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1998002967/PP/) -- Migrant field workers. Tulare migrant camp. Visalia, California (https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa2000005792/PP/) (Content)
- - From: Charles L. Todd and Robert Sonkin Migrant Worker Collection (source)
- - Original sound recording source material is available at: https://www.loc.gov/item/afcts.5101a1 (source)
- motion picture
- 1 video ; 2 min.
- Music Division
- AFS 5101 a1
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Campbell, Mary, Mary Campbell, Margaret Treat, Margaret Treat, Betty Campbell, Charles L Todd, and Robert Sonkin. Government Camp Song Illustrated.
APA citation style:
Campbell, M., Campbell, M., Treat, M., Treat, M., Campbell, B., Todd, C. L. & Sonkin, R. Government Camp Song Illustrated.
MLA citation style:
Campbell, Mary, et al. Government Camp Song Illustrated.