Film, Video The last fierce charge [illustrated]
About this Item
- The last fierce charge [illustrated]
- Contributor Names
- Ford, Warde (vocalist)
- - Audio track taken from AFS 4214 B1 (General)
- - Drawings from Library of Congress online resources. (General)
- - Photos used: The Union & rebel officers taking the last drink after signing the papers of parole & exchange of prisoners, goodbye (http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2004661307/) -- [Soldier with blanket wrapped around shoulders] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.20254)-- Building pontoon bridges at Fredericksburg Dec. 11th (http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2004660225/) -- Fredericksburg, night of the 11th (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.21311) -- Spare cartridges (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.20875) -- [Union soldiers exchanging salutations with the Confederates at Fredericksburg, Va.] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.21032 ) -- Gen. Burndside [sic] visiting Gn. Franklin giving him the order to evacuate his position-on the battlefield on the right, Sunday Eve., all at rest. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.20776) -- Night. The sacking of Fredericksburg-- & biovace[sic]of Union troops (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.20788) -- [Attack on Fredericksburg] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.22752) -- Gallant Charge of Humphrey's Division at the Battle of Fredericksburg (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.22479) -- Bringing the wounded into Fredericksburg in the afternoon--of Saturday (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.20785) -- Rebel pickets dead, in Fredericksburg. Pontoon bridge, Union batteries firing on the rebel works back of the city. From the hill in the background of picture (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.21123) -- Genl. Humphreys charging at the head of his division after sunset of the 13th Dec (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.19522 ). (Content)
- - Original sound recording source material is available at: http://www.loc.gov/item/afccc.a4214a2 (source)
- motion picture
- 1 video ; 4 min.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- AFS 4212 B1
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ford, Warde. [TheLast Fierce Charge illustrated]. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197416/. (Accessed February 20, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Ford, W. [TheLast Fierce Charge illustrated]. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197416/.
MLA citation style:
Ford, Warde. [TheLast Fierce Charge illustrated]. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197416/>.