Film, Video The iron Merrimac [illustrated]
About this Item
- The iron Merrimac [illustrated]
- Contributor Names
- Hand, Judge Learned (vocalist)
- Langenegger, John (recordist)
- Semmig, Arthur (recordist)
- Subject Headings
- - Civil War and Reconstruction (1861-1877)
- - Songs and Music
- - Audio track taken from AFS 8181 A1 (General)
- - Photographs from Library of Congress online resources. (General)
- - Photos used: Battle between the Monitor and Merrimac--fought March 9th 1862 at Hampton Roads, near Norfolk, Va. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pga.01840) -- Desperate encounter between the Ericsson battery "Monitor" 2 guns, and the "Merrimac" 12 guns (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pga.04145) -- Terrific combat between the "Monitor" 2 guns & "Merrimac" 10 guns The first fight between iron clad ships of war, in Hampton Roads, March 9th 1862, in which the little "Monitor" whipped the "Merrimac" and the whole " school" of Rebel steamers. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.31277) -- The first encounter of Iron-Clads. Terrific engagement between the "Monitor" and "Merrimac" ... March 9th 1862(http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.08934 ) -- The Monitor and Merrimac (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pga.04044 ) -- [Honorable Learned Hand, head-and-shoulders portrait in judicial robes] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c37731 ). (Content)
- - From: The Judge Learned Hand Recordings Collection (source)
- - Original sound recording source material is available at: http://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197127 (source)
- motion picture
- 1 video ; 3 min.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- AFC 1945/007 ; AFS 6181 A1
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hand, Judge Learned, John Langenegger, and Arthur Semmig. [Theiron Merrimac illustrated]. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197417/. (Accessed December 05, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Hand, J. L., Langenegger, J. & Semmig, A. [Theiron Merrimac illustrated]. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197417/.
MLA citation style:
Hand, Judge Learned, John Langenegger, and Arthur Semmig. [Theiron Merrimac illustrated]. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197417/>.