Film, Video God moves on the water [illustrated]
About this Item
- God moves on the water [illustrated]
- Contributor Names
- Washington, Lightnin' (vocalist)
- Lomax, John A. (John Avery) -- 1867-1948 (recordist)
- Lomax, Alan -- 1915-2002 (recordist)
- - Audio track taken from AFS 188 B2 (General)
- - Photographs and drawings from Library of Congress online resources. (General)
- - Photos used: [Photograph of front page of The world 16 April 1912 headlining the sinking of the Titanic] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c16257) -- Survivors struggle to get away from the Titanic in this artist's conception (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c16256) -- TANIC life boats on way to CARPATHIA (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ggbain.11212) -- Capt. Smith of the Titanic on the eve of its departure from Southampton (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3a02468) -- [John Jacob Astor, 1864-1912] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3a40642 ) -- Memorial to the men who perished on the Titanic, Washington, D.C. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.04366) -- [The Titanic sailing in ocean] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c16091) -- The Titanic (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3a27541 ) -- Which? fate--or economy in life boats? (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cai.2a14463) -- [Group of survivors of the Titanic disaster aboard the Carpathia after being rescued] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b45387) -- ["Lightnin'" Washington, an African American prisoner, in the prison hospital at Darrington State Farm, Texas] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsc.00286). (Content)
- - From: John A. Lomax Southern States Collection (source)
- - Original sound recording source material is available at: http://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197230 (source)
- motion picture
- 1 video ; 4 min.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- AFC 1935/02 : AFS 188 B2
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Washington, Lightnin', John A Lomax, and Alan Lomax. [God Moves on the Water illustrated]. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197418/. (Accessed December 07, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Washington, L., Lomax, J. A. & Lomax, A. [God Moves on the Water illustrated]. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197418/.
MLA citation style:
Washington, Lightnin', John A Lomax, and Alan Lomax. [God Moves on the Water illustrated]. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197418/>.