Film, Video At the river [illustrated]
About this Item
- At the river [illustrated]
- Contributor Names
- Copland, Aaron -- 1900-1990 (arranger)
- De Gaetani, Jan (vocalist)
- Smit, Leo -- 1921-1999 (instrumentalist)
- Created / Published
- Bridge Records, New York, NY, 1993.
- Subject Headings
- - contemporary america (1945-present)
- - Songs and Music
- - Audio track taken from Bridge BCD 9046, Track 2 (General)
- - Photos taken from Library of Congress online collections (General)
- - Photos used: Epiphany ceremony. Jordan River. Sanctifying the waters of the Jordan on Ephphany (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/matpc.07454 ) -- Down the Jordan Valley from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/matpc.15250 ) -- Baptismal scene in river, Emanuel Baptist Church, Hattiesburg, Mississippi (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b35507 ) -- [Baptism by immersion in the MIssissippi River, May 29, 1938: shoulder-deep in water] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3a49750 ) -- Aaron Copland at piano in his studio in Ossining, with motion picture photographers in background., ca. 1958 / Victor Kraft [photographs] (http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/loc.natlib.copland.phot0019/default.html) -- More than 15,000 white and colored persons met here 4/18 on behalf of school integration and civil rights legislation (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c34445) -- [Integrated classroom at Anacostia High School, Washington, D.C.] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.03095 ) -- View of some 27,000 persons from 36 states who attended May 17 Prayer Pilgrimage for Freedom in Washington, D.C. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c26522 ) -- Site of Christ's baptism at the Jordan (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b40772 ). (Content)
- motion picture
- 1 video ; 3 min.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- SDB 25850
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Copland, Aaron, Jan De Gaetani, and Leo Smit. [At the River illustrated]. Bridge Records, New York, NY, 1993. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197662/. (Accessed February 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Copland, A., De Gaetani, J. & Smit, L. (1993) [At the River illustrated]. Bridge Records, New York, NY. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197662/.
MLA citation style:
Copland, Aaron, Jan De Gaetani, and Leo Smit. [At the River illustrated]. Bridge Records, New York, NY, 1993. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197662/>.