Film, Video The dying cowboy [illustrated]
About this Item
- The dying cowboy [illustrated]
- Contributor Names
- Matthews, Sloan (performer)
- Lomax, John A. (John Avery) -- 1867-1948 (recordist)
- - Audio Track from Library of Congress LP AFS L28 (General)
- - Photos from Library of Congress online collections (General)
- - Photos used: Bury me not on the lone prairie - as sung originally in "The End of the Trail" - words and music by William Jossey (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b04655 ) -- "Phantom Ridge," Black Hills, Dak. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsc.02652 ) -- "Roping gray wolf," Cowboys take in a gray wolf on "Round up," in Wyoming (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsc.02636) -- A buffalo is good on the turn (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c26632 ) -- 1. CORRAL, FENCES AND BARN LOOKING WEST TO COWBOY HOUSE - Faraway Ranch, Cowboy House, Willcox, Cochise County, AZ (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/hhh.az0431/photos.180670p ) -- Cowboys eating out on the range, chuck wagon in background (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3a18543 ) -- Cowboy asleep in cattle show barn at San Angelo Fat Stock Show. San Angelo, Texas. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/fsa.8b24104 ) -- "Devil's Tower." Devil's Tower or Bear Lodge. (Mato [i.e. Mateo] Tepee of the Indians), as seen from the east side. Located near the Belle Fourche river, in Wyoming (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsc.02642). (Content)
- - From: The John A. Lomax Texas Recordings Collection, 1942 (source)
- - Original sound recording source material is available at: http://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197225 (source)
- motion picture
- 1 video ; 3 min.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- Library of Congress LP AFS L28
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Matthews, Sloan, and John A Lomax. [TheDying Cowboy illustrated]. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197663/. (Accessed January 16, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Matthews, S. & Lomax, J. A. [TheDying Cowboy illustrated]. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197663/.
MLA citation style:
Matthews, Sloan, and John A Lomax. [TheDying Cowboy illustrated]. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197663/>.