Film, Video That baseball rag [illustrated]
About this Item
- That baseball rag [illustrated]
- Contributor Names
- Collins, Arthur -- 1864-1933 (vocalist)
- Wolff, Dave (lyricist)
- Jones, Clarence (composer)
- Subject Headings
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Songs and Music
- - Sports and Leisure
- - Progressive Era to New Era (1900-1929)
- - Audio track from online Jukebox. 3332 (General)
- - Photos used: [President Woodrow Wilson throwing out the first ball, opening day, 1916] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.18475 ) -- Baseball fans - at Polo Grounds, N.Y. April 12, 1911 (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b06584 -- Bugs Raymond, New York Giants, baseball card portrait (https://www.loc.gov/item/2007685634/ ) -- Oscar Stanage/Edgar Summers, Detroit Tigers, baseball card portrait] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/bbc.1981f ) -- [Orval Overall/James P. Archer, Chicago Cubs, baseball card portrait] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/bbc.1958f )- [Out at third,baseball card portrait] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/bbc.1738f ) -- Female baseball player (https://www.loc.gov/item/2008678741/ )- [Tex Erwin, Brooklyn Dodgers, baseball card portrait] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/bbc.1543f ) -- [John Peter "Honus" Wagner, shortstop, Pittsburgh, National League] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.18464 ) -- [Clarence "Pants" Rowland, manager of the Chicago White Sox, (right) talks with his pitcher, Eddie Cicotte, (left) in the dugout during a game] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c33664 ) -- Guy Harris "Doc" White, pitcher for the Chicago American League, throwing ball (https://www.loc.gov/item/89714136/ )- [Tyrus Raymond Cobb, Detroit AL (baseball)] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b1912 ) -- [Frank Gilhooley, baseball player with the New York Yankees, swings his bat at home plate] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c3366 ) -- Ball's-eye view of a home run (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.27957 ) -- [Eddie Murphy, batting for Philadelphia AL, Apr. 15, 1914 (baseball)] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3a29621 ) -- [Chas. F. Dooin/Michael Doolan, Philadelphia Phillies, baseball card portrait] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/bbc.1989f ) -- [Edward Sweeney/Russell Ford, New York Highlanders, baseball card portrait] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/bbc.2044f ) (Content)
- - Matrix: B13420-2 (source note)
- - Recorded on June 12, 1913 (date)
- - 4:3
- 1 video ; 3 min.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- Victor 17377
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Collins, Arthur, Dave Wolff, and Clarence Jones. That Baseball Rag Illustrated. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197875/.
APA citation style:
Collins, A., Wolff, D. & Jones, C. That Baseball Rag Illustrated. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197875/.
MLA citation style:
Collins, Arthur, Dave Wolff, and Clarence Jones. That Baseball Rag Illustrated. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197875/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoWithout a song motion picture | videorecording; 8 min., 21 sec. | 16:9 Motion Picture (Form).
- Contributor: Youmans, Vincent - Eliscu, Edward - Shirley, Wayne D.
Film, VideoMax Morath interview with David Sager 2006-10-04
- Contributor: Morath, Max
Film, VideoMax Morath interview with Betty Auman and Loras Schissel, 2005-10-05
- Contributor: Morath, Max - Library of Congress - Schissel, Loras J. - Auman, Elizabeth H.
- Date: 2005-10-05
Film, Video[Bob Milne in concert at the Library of Congress] videorecording | 1 digital file (58 min., 52 sec.) : sd., col. | Title supplied by cataloger. Recorded in the Coolidge Auditorium, Library of Congress, October 10, 2004. (Venue). Courtesy of Bob...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Milne, Bob, Pianist - Coolidge Auditorium (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2004
Film, VideoInternational exposition music motion picture | videorecording; 8 min. | 16:9 Motion Picture (Form).
- Contributor: Barton, Matthew