Film, Video California here I come [illustrated]
About this Item
- California here I come [illustrated]
- Contributor Names
- Manhattan Merrymakers (performer)
- Price, George (vocalist)
- DeSylva, B. G. (Buddy Gard) -- 1896-1950 (lyricist)
- Meyer, Joseph (composer)
- Jolson, Al -- d. 1950 (lyricist)
- Created / Published
- Victor Records, 1924.
- Subject Headings
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Songs and Music
- - Progressive Era to New Era (1900-1929)
- - Audio track from Victor 19261-A as found on the Library of Congress Jukebox (General)
- - Pictures used: Washington, D.C. Snow-covered cars and broken limbs felled by a storm (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/fsa.8b37438) -- Westward Ho! (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b32810) -- View from Twin Peaks, Aug. 1, 1929 (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c02728) -- In the heart of modern Chinatown, San Francisco, Calif. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b44570) -- [Unidentified house, possibly Pasadena or Santa Barbara, California. Eucalyptus and pavilion] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.16098) -- [Field of poppies and lupin, California] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.16185) -- A closer view permits us to peak into the very depths of the flowers of the Convolvulus or "Morning Glory" (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.12623) -- Golden Gate from Berkeley Heights (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.17930) -- [Washington Monument, with snow-covered trees and grounds in foreground] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c10659) -- [Washington Statue, Sub-treasury, New York City] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b37975) -- Snow covered trail (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsc.01960) -- EXTERIOR, SOUTHWEST AND SOUTHEAST FACADES - Schlake Ranch, New Barn, 2300 East Washington Street, Petaluma, Sonoma County, CA (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/hhh.ca1306/photos.019495p) -- [Santa Barbara Mission, 2201 Laguna Street, Santa Barbara, California. Fountain and entrance façade] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.16089) -- [William Alexander Spinks, Jr., ranch, Foothill Boulevard, Duarte, California. Fish pond] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.16545) -- ["Glen Oaks," James Hobart Moore house, East Valley Road, Montecito, California. Rose garden] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.16056) -- ["Mi Sueño," Herbert Coppell house, 1245 South Grand Avenue, Pasadena, California. Pergola from flower garden to house] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.16197) -- Golden Gate Bridge E4 (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c22793) -- [Beach and cliffs, La Jolla, California] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b44729) -- [Broadway at 8th Street, Los Angeles, California] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c05757) -- Largest locomotive in the world (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b21666) -- The Golden Gate, San Francisco (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.17960). (Content)
- motion picture
- 1 video ; 3 min.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- Victor 19261
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Manhattan Merrymakers, George Price, B. G Desylva, Joseph Meyer, and Al Jolson. [California here I come illustrated]. Victor Records, 1924. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197891/. (Accessed February 24, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Manhattan Merrymakers, Price, G., Desylva, B. G., Meyer, J. & Jolson, A. (1924) [California here I come illustrated]. Victor Records. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197891/.
MLA citation style:
Manhattan Merrymakers, et al. [California here I come illustrated]. Victor Records, 1924. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197891/>.