Film, Video The battle hymn of the republic [illustrated]
About this Item
- The battle hymn of the republic [illustrated]
- Contributor Names
- Howe, Julia Ward -- 1819-1910 (lyricist)
- Werrenrath, Reinald -- 1883-1953 (vocalist)
- Created / Published
- Victor Records, 1917.
- Subject Headings
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Songs and Music
- - War and Conflict
- - Civil War and Reconstruction (1861-1877)
- - Social Change
- - Audio track from Victor 45121-A as found on the Library of Congress Jukebox. (Content)
- - Illustrations used: Victor 45121 label (http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/loc.natlib.jukebox.5493/default.html) -- Sherman's march to the sea / drawn by F.O.C. Darley. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c16520) -- The burning of Columbia, South Carolina, February 17, 1865 / sketched by W. Waud. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.33131) -- [Portrait of Maj. Gen. William T. Sherman, officer of the Federal Army] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cwpb.07136) -- Sherman's March Through South Carolina - Burning of McPhersonville, February 1, 1865 (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.21756) -- Battle Hymn of the Republic [sheet music] (http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/loc.natlib.ihas.100010493/default.html) -- Army of the James - signaling by torches across James River from General Butler's head-quarters / sketched by William Waud. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c11190) -- Burning and Evacuation of Richmond, April 3, 1865 (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b00417) -- Battle of Savage's Station (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b29528) -- Ruins in Charleston, South Carolina (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3g08006) -- [Cold Harbor, Va. African Americans collecting bones of soldiers killed in the battle] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cwpb.04324) -- [Atlanta, Ga. Gen. William T. Sherman on horseback at Federal Fort No. 7] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cwpb.03379) -- Charge of Colonel Creighton's brigade at the Battle of Ringgold (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b29900) -- The leader and his battles - Ulysses S. Grant, Lieutenant-General, U.S.A. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pga.03430) -- Ruins of Secession Hall, Charleston, S.C. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/stereo.1s02493) -- [Richmond, Va. Grounds of the ruined Arsenal with scattered shot and shell] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cwpb.02639) -- The blockade of Charleston (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c27604) -- The victory of Roanoke, Feby. 8th. 1862: the brilliant and decisive bayonet charge of the New York 9th Hawkins Zouaves (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3a05426) -- Destruction of the depots, public buildings, and manufactories at Atlanta, Georgia, November 15, 1864 The Fourteenth and Twentieth Corps moving out of Atlanta, November 15, 1864. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c27598) -- Unidentified African American soldier in Union uniform with wife and two daughters] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.36454). (Content)
- motion picture
- 1 video ; 4 min.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- Victor 45121
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Howe, Julia Ward, and Reinald Werrenrath. [TheBattle Hymn of the Republic illustrated]. Victor Records, 1917. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197893/. (Accessed September 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Howe, J. W. & Werrenrath, R. (1917) [TheBattle Hymn of the Republic illustrated]. Victor Records. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197893/.
MLA citation style:
Howe, Julia Ward, and Reinald Werrenrath. [TheBattle Hymn of the Republic illustrated]. Victor Records, 1917. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197893/>.