Film, Video America the beautiful [illustrated]
About this Item
- America the beautiful [illustrated]
- Contributor Names
- Shannon Quartet (vocalist)
- Ward, Samuel -- 1847-1903 (composer)
- Bates, Katherine Lee -- 1859-1929 (lyricist)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Songs and Music
- - rise of industrial america (1877-1900)
- - Progressive Era to New Era (1900-1929)
- - Worship and Praise
- - Audio track from Victor 19242-A as found on the LOC Jukebox (http://www.loc.gov/jukebox/recordings/detail/id/9509) (Content)
- - Illustrations: Victor 19242-A record label (http://www.loc.gov/jukebox/recordings/detail/id/9509) -- Rolls of hay dot the landscape of rural Virginia (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.13875) -- Distant view of Colorado Springs, Colorado, in which the red rocks of the Garden of the Gods state park jut up from the landscape (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.13632) -- Niagara Falls, New York (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.04825) -- Seagulls at the Atlantic Ocean in Florida (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.12026) -- Oregon dunes along the Pacific Ocean (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.13803) -- 254. Doughton Park. View of the Martin Brinegar cabin which was restored for interpretative purposed in 1941 with the preparation of measured drawings for the Historic American Buildings Survey. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/hhh.nc0478/color.345954c) -- Desert view, Sedona, Arizona (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.04379) -- The rocky California Pacific coast (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.13825) -- Storm in the mountains, Hawaii (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.04477) -- Dusk shot of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.17771) -- Aerial view of skyline, Chicago, Illinois (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.14146) -- Skyline, Seattle, Washington (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.17036) -- Sunset on the rocky Oregon coast (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.15462) -- Pacific Ocean and rocky California coast (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/highsm.13823). (Content)
- motion picture
- 1 video ; 3 min.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- Victor 19242-A
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Shannon Quartet, Samuel Ward, and Katherine Lee Bates. [America the Beautiful illustrated]. 1924. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197919/. (Accessed February 27, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Shannon Quartet, Ward, S. & Bates, K. L. (1924) [America the Beautiful illustrated]. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197919/.
MLA citation style:
Shannon Quartet, Samuel Ward, and Katherine Lee Bates. [America the Beautiful illustrated]. 1924. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197919/>.