Film, Video The Gypsy Davy [illustrated]
About this Item
- The Gypsy Davy [illustrated]
- Contributor Names
- Guthrie, Woody -- 1912-1967 (vocalist)
- Guthrie, Woody -- 1912-1967 (instrumentalist)
- Lomax, Alan -- 1915-2002 (recordist)
- Langenegger, John (recordist)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Traditional and Ethnic Songs and Music
- - Songs and Music
- - great depression and world war ii (1929-1945)
- - Audio track taken from AFC 1941/031: AFS 4991B3 (Content)
- - Illustrations: [Woody Guthrie, half-length portrait, seated, facing front, playing a guitar that has a sticker attached reading: This Machine Kills Fascists] / World Telegram photo by Al Aumuller. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c30859) -- Gipsy Smith and other gypsies, Pittsburgh, Pa. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ggbain.03099) -- Chacon, Mora County, New Mexico. Saddle horses (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/fsa.8d12884) -- Horse and wagon tracks on muddy road, Harrison County, Iowa (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/fsa.8a06167) -- [Woman and 2 men sitting around campfire in woods] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3a43318) -- [Woody Guthrie, half-length portrait, facing left, singing and playing guitar] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c20586) -- GENERAL VIEW FROM SOUTHEAST SHOWING SOUTH SIDE AND EAST FRONT - Harvey M. Vaile Mansion, 1500 North Liberty Street, Independence, Jackson County, MO (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/hhh.mo1113/photos.096171p) -- Tents of gypsy camp, Brooklyn, N.Y. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ggbain.03143) -- DETAIL OF FIREPLACE, EAST PARLOR, FIRST FLOOR - Harvey M. Vaile Mansion, 1500 North Liberty Street, Independence, Jackson County, MO (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/hhh.mo1113/photos.096184p) -- [Mother & child at bedtime] / painted by W.P. Frith, R.A. ; etched by Lumb Stocks, A.R.A. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b00055) – Gypsies (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/npcc.09672) -- Mother and child--sunlight / Eduard J. Steichen. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b42667) -- [Woody Guthrie, half-length portrait, facing front, playing guitar] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c20588) -- [Man kneeling to kiss the hand of a woman] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cai.2a13186) -- "My little chauffeur - No. 1" (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b06883) -- [Woman model in profile with hand at bosom, half-length portrait] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/det.4a29030) -- [Woody Guthrie, half-length portrait, facing slightly left, holding guitar] / World Telegram photo by Al Aumuller. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c13276) -- 1. EXTERIOR, GENERAL VIEW - Woody Guthrie Birthplace, Okemah, Okfuskee County, OK (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/hhh.ok0036/photos.129493p) – Gypsies (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/npcc.09670) -- [Sketch of Woody Guthrie, half-length portrait, facing right, playing guitar] / Willa Gray Martin. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c20587). (Content)
- - From: Songs by Woodie Guthrie Collection (source)
- - Original sound recording source material is available at: http://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197205 (source)
- motion picture
- 1 video ; 3 min.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- AFC 1941/031: AFS 4991B3
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Guthrie, Woody, Woody Guthrie, Alan Lomax, and John Langenegger. [TheGypsy Davy illustrated]. 1941. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197921/. (Accessed July 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Guthrie, W., Guthrie, W., Lomax, A. & Langenegger, J. (1941) [TheGypsy Davy illustrated]. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197921/.
MLA citation style:
Guthrie, Woody, et al. [TheGypsy Davy illustrated]. 1941. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200197921/>.