volunteer Geospatial Volunteer Program
- General Website: http://www.loc.gov/rr/geogmap/
- Hosting Service Unit: Library Services
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Humanities, Art and Culture; Collections Conservation and Preservation; STEM; History; Cartography: Geospatial
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: This program is not currently accepting applicants. This internship is very popular, but can only provide internships on a limited schedule. Please send an email to the program contact above with the following information: a. Your Availability: Full Time (five days/week) or Part Time (two days/week) or Other schedule you propose. b. Your Start/Stop Time frame (at least ten weeks). You will be contacted as sessions become available. Do NOT send a resume, just information on your availability.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Negotiable. Inquire within
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students (Undergraduate, Graduate)
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Geospatial Volunteer Program is intended for individuals interested in geography, cartography and geospatial studies.