U.S. Citizen HACU National Internship Program (HNIP)
- General Website: http://www.hacu.net/hacu/default.asp External
- Program Website: http://www.hacu.net/hacu/HNIP.asp External
- Hosting Service Unit: All Library of Congress
- Program Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org External
- Interests/Areas of Study: Collections Conservation and Preservation; Business; Humanities, Art and Culture; Law; Library Information Science; Communications; Geography and Maps; Government and Business Administration; Information Technology; Law; Policy Analysis; Public Relations
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Application Period: September - October for Spring; September - October for Summer; January - June for Fall. See program website above for further information on application process and/or email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: See the following link for current information on compensation: https://www.hacu.net/hacu/Weekly_Pay.asp
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Short-term. 15 weeks - Fall & Spring, 10 weeks - Summer
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students (Undergraduate, Graduate); 1-year post graduation
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities National Internship Program (HNIP) is a paid internship intended for currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students for available positions throughout the Library of Congress in all areas of study. See https://www.hacu.net/hacu/Eligibility.asp for additional HNIP requirement information. The internship program is a partnership between the Library of Congress and the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities National Internship Program. Placements are coordinated by the Library of Congress and Hispanic Association of Colleges Universities National Internship Program.