volunteer Visitor Service Office: Information Volunteer Program
- General Website: https://www.loc.gov/visit/volunteer/
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/visit/volunteer/orientation-information-desk-application/
- Hosting Service Unit: National & International Outreach
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Humanities, Art and Culture; Communications; Public Relations
- Citizenship: Inquire Within
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Ongoing applications. See program website above for further information on application process and/or email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: No Credit
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Long-term. 1-year
- Qualifications: Experience with Public; Customer Service; Must be available for half-day training
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Visitors Services Office Information Desk Library’s volunteer position offers an individual the opportunity to serve at several locations, in the Library’s Jefferson and Madison Buildings. The volunteer greets and orients researchers and visitors as they arrive at the Library. Information volunteers must be customer service oriented and be ready to share information in a clear and professional manner. After the half-day training, Information Volunteers are asked to make a one-year commitment to the program.