student/intern Law Library Collection Services Internship
- General Website: http://www.loc.gov/law/
- Program Website: http://www.loc.gov/law/opportunities/internships-metadata.php
- Hosting Service Unit: Law Library
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Law; Foreign Law
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Apply May 14 – May 25, 2018 Email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: GS-05
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: Inquire within
- Program Duration: Short-term. Summer. 10 weeks (Negotiable)
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students (Undergraduate, Graduate).
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Law Library is looking for summer help to inventory legal gazettes donated by the United Nations' Dag Hammarskjöld Library and compare them to preexisting collections at the Law Library. Gazettes found missing from our existing holdings will be added to our already sizable print and microtext collections. This collection of official foreign government publications is among our most unique and widely accessed materials. Augmenting that collection will help strengthen the Law Library’s ability to provide more comprehensive legal resources to our own researchers as well as the public. The ideal candidate will possess these capabilities: • Good attention to detail • Organizational skills - working with large amounts of unbound materials • Basic computer skills • Ability to create and work with Excel spreadsheets Foreign language skills are a plus.