student/intern Law Library Volunteer Internship Program
- General Website: http://www.loc.gov/law/
- Program Website: http://www.loc.gov/law/opportunities/internships-metadata.php#Law
- Hosting Service Unit: Law Library
- Interests/Areas of Study: Law; American Law
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Applications Accepted from: October-February for summer positions; Ongoing for fall/winter positions. See program website above for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Negotiable. 10 weeks - 1 year
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Law Library Volunteer Internship is a volunteer internship intended for students interested in law librarianship from graduate students in library science or law-related professions and disciplines.