professional Law Recruit Program
- General Website: http://www.loc.gov/crsinfo
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/crsinfo/opportunities/law-recruit.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Congressional Research Service
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Law; Legislative Information; Policy Analysis
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Apply at least 2 months in advance of tentative start date. Applications are accepted with respect to position posted. See program website above for further information on application process and/or email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: GS - 11 Level ($64,650–$84,044 annually)
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: Federal benefits. LC Internal Discounts.
- Program Duration: Long-term. Permanent - Conditional
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students in their final year of law school are eligible - their offers are finalized upon graduation; Recent law graduates serving in judicial clerkships; Library of Congress employees who possess a law degree but are not serving in the General Attorney (GS - 0905) series.
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) Law Recruit program offers the opportunity to support the CRS mission of serving the Congress throughout the legislative process as a legislative attorney with the American Law Division.