student/intern LC Labs Innovation Intern
- General Website: http://www.Labs.loc.gov
- Program Website: https://labs.loc.gov/experiments/calling-all-storytellers/
- Hosting Service Unit: National & International Outreach
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Coding, Web Development, Computer Science, Social Media, Communications Information Technology, Library Science, Digital Humanities
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: This program is currently closed. The next session will open Fall 2018.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Short-term. 12 weeks; time-frame is negotiable
- Qualifications: Experience creating web applications that use external APIs, experience with Twitter and GitHub, able to work independently
- Frequently Asked Questions
In this internship, the intern will create a Twitter bot using our loc.gov JSON API and the intern's work will be published on Library of Congress’ GitHub and LC Labs site (labs.loc.gov).
National Digital Initiatives, NDI is especially interested in projects that highlight the baseball resources at the Library of Congress. A list of resources is available here https://www.loc.gov/rr/program/bib/baseball/.
This internship can be accomplished remotely. The intern is welcomed to visit, but NDI does not require the intern to come to the Library of Congress for any portion of the work.