professional Librarians-in-Residence Pilot Program
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/librarians
- Hosting Service Unit: Library Services
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Library & Information Science: Acquisitions & Collection Development; Cataloging & Metadata; Collection Preservation; Reference & Instruction; Systems & Standards
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Finite period
- Application Notes: See https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481815600 for more information.
- Compensation: GS 09 Pay Level
- Academic Credit: No Credit
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Short-term. Temporary, Not-to-Exceed six months with the possibility of an extension for up to four months.
- Qualifications: The pilot program is open to students who earned or will complete their Master’s degree in library/information science from an American Library Association-accredited program after December 2016 and before June 2018
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Library of Congress seeks early-career librarians to bring their intellectual engagement, technological savvy, and theoretical understanding of library and information science concepts to bear on practical challenges via the Librarians-in-Residence Pilot Program.