professional Librarians-in-Residence Program
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/librarians
- Hosting Service Unit: All Library of Congress
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Library & Information Science: Acquisitions & Collection Development; Cataloging & Metadata; Collection Preservation; Reference & Instruction; Systems & Standards
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Opens January 23, 2019 – Closes February 22, 2019. See USAJobs for detailed information. Application Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522914900
- Compensation: GS 09 Pay Level
- Academic Credit: No Credit
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Short-term. Temporary, Not-to-Exceed six months with the possibility of an extension for up to four months.
- Qualifications: The program is open to students who earned or will complete their Master’s degree in library and information science from an American Library Association-accredited program after December 2017 and by June 2019.
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Library of Congress seeks early-career librarians to bring their intellectual engagement, technological savvy, and theoretical understanding of library and information science concepts to bear on practical challenges via the Librarians-in-Residence Program. The service units hosting residents are: Library Services; National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped; and the Law Library of Congress.