student/intern Library Clerk
- General Website: https://www.loc.gov/careers
- Hosting Service Unit: Law Library
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Clerical/entry-level Post-digitization processing Metadata creation
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Resumes will be accepted by email 5/11-5/18/2018. Send a resume and any direct questions to the Program Contact listed above.
- Compensation: GS-1
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: Transit Fare Subsidy
- Program Duration: Short-term. This is a twelve week position to begin June 4th or June 11, 2018
- Qualifications: Ability to conduct post-digitization processing and metadata creation.
- Frequently Asked Questions
This position in the Law Library/Digital Resources Division is seeking community college students or undergraduate students to process NTSB digital files. This work, post-digitization processing and metadata creation, will enable internet access to digitized collections of the Law Library for congressional and public use. This twelve week, full-time temporary position builds library technician skills and provides unique experience working with library and legal professionals at world’s largest Law Library.