Non-Paid Preservation Internship Program (Binding and Collections Care Division and Mass Deacidification)
- General Website: https://www.loc.gov/preservation/
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/preservation/outreach/intern/int_pres.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Library Services
- Interests/Areas of Study: Collections Conservation and Preservation; Library Information Science
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Apply at least 2 months in advance of tentative start date. See program website above for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Negotiable. 6 weeks to 6 months
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students (Undergraduate, Graduate)
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Preservation Internship Program (Binding and Collections Care Division and Mass Deacidification ) is intended for library preservation students seeking a short-term internship (usually 1-3 months) that provides an opportunity to gain experience in collections conservation, library binding and/or mass deacidification workflows.