volunteer Preservation Volunteer Program (Binding and Collections Care Division and Mass Deacidification)
- General Website: https://www.loc.gov/preservation/
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/preservation/outreach/intern/volunteer.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Library Services
- Interests/Areas of Study: Collections Conservation and Preservation; Library Information Sciences; Clerical/Entry-level
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. See program website above for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Negotiable. 6 weeks to 6 months
- Qualifications: Not Currently Matriculated Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Preservation Volunteer Program is intended to provide entry level experience in collections conservation and preservation for applicants preparing to apply to library preservation graduate school or for retired preservation professionals.