Non-Paid Preservation Volunteer Program (Conservation Division)
- General Website: https://www.loc.gov/preservation/
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/preservation/outreach/intern/volunteer.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Library Services
- Interests/Areas of Study: Collections Conservation and Preservation
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Apply at least 3 months in advance of tentative start date. See program website above for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Negotiable. 6 weeks to 6 months
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students (Undergraduate, Graduate)
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Preservation Volunteer Program (Conservation Division) is intended for specific experiential needs of applicants considering application to conservation graduate programs or for professionals.