student/intern Metadata Internship (Paid)
- General Website: http://www.loc.gov/law/opportunities/scholar.php#Internships
- Program Website: http://www.loc.gov/law/opportunities/internships-metadata.php#
- Hosting Service Unit: Law Library
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: IT; Humanities, Art and Culture; Digital; History; Law
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Apply at least 2 months in advance of tentative start date. See program website above for further information on application process and/or email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Please inquire using the program contact listed above
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: Transit determined case by case. LC Internal Discounts.
- Program Duration: Short-term. 10 weeks
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students (Graduate); 1-year post graduation
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Law Library Metadata Internship (paid) allows students to learn about research and online searching from the “inside out” by creating metadata and keywords from historical legal material that will facilitate the discoverability of this material on the web.