student/intern Service Academies Kluge Center Internship Program
- General Website: https://www.loc.gov/loc/kluge/
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/loc/kluge/fellowships/internships.html
- Hosting Service Unit: National & International Outreach
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Geography and Maps; Humanities; Social Sciences; Art and Culture; Information Technology; Law; Policy Analysis. Requires willingness to work with any of the Kluge Center researchers.
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: The application period is by semester: fall, spring, and summer. Applications should be received at the Kluge Center by April 15 for summer internships, July 1 for fall internships, and November 1 for spring internships. Suitable candidates will be notified as soon as possible, and no later than a month following the receipt of the application. Accepted interns will be assigned to conduct research for scholars in residence at the Kluge Center. Applications require cover letter and resume indicating areas of interests. Email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Short-term.
- Qualifications: Currently enrolled juniors and seniors from the United States Air Force Academy, United States Coast Guard Academy, United States Merchant Marine Academy, United States Military Academy and United States Naval Academy.
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Kluge Center offers research internships to qualified juniors and seniors at the Service Academies. Interns are matched with scholars in residence at the Kluge Center and conduct research on a broad array of subject matter in the humanities and social sciences.