U.S. Citizen Student Diversity and Inclusion Internship Program
- General Website: https://www.loc.gov/crsinfo
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/crsinfo/opportunities/sdiip.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Congressional Research Service
- Interests/Areas of Study: Public Policy; Social Policy; Foreign Policy; Natural Resources and Environmental Science; Law; American Politics; Government; Political Science; Public Administration; Public Affairs; Library and Information Science; Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Human Resources; Business
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Application Accepted from: February-March. See program website above for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Paid (GS 01 - GS 09)
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: Transit. Health. LC Internal Discounts.
- Program Duration: Short-term. 10 weeks/summer
- Qualifications: Unless specified, internships are open to undergraduates and graduate students.
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) Student Diversity and Inclusion Internship Program (SDIIP) is an experiential learning program designed to: 1) introduce a diverse and inclusive group of undergraduate and graduate students to career opportunities with the Congressional Research Service; 2) provide an opportunity for students to learn more about advanced studies as a means to fulfill their long-term career objectives; and 3) to position CRS as a future employer of choice.