- General Website: http://www.loc.gov/teachers/
- Program Website: http://www.loc.gov/teachers/newsevents/teacher-in-residence/
- Hosting Service Unit: National & International Outreach
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Education; All subjects
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Annually
- Application Notes: Applications are accepted for this program during a limited two month period. See program website above for further information on application process and/or email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Paid
- Academic Credit: No Credit
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Long-term.
- Qualifications: Teaching Certification
- Frequently Asked Questions
In the Teacher-in-Residence program, a K-12 educator works with Educational Outreach staff to help teachers incorporate the Library’s collections of digitized primary sources into high-quality instruction. Previous Teachers-in-Residence have led professional development workshops, represented the Library at various conferences across the United States, and developed teaching materials and lesson plans using the Library’s digitized primary sources for national distribution.