professional U.S. Copyright Office: Abraham L. Kaminstein Scholar in Residence Program
- General Website: https://www.copyright.gov/
- Program Website: https://www.copyright.gov/about/special-programs/kaminstein.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Copyright
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Law; Copyright Law
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Apply at least 2 months in advance of tentative start date. See program website above for further information on application process and/or email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Paid
- Academic Credit: No Credit
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Negotiable.
- Qualifications: Professional. See Program Page.
- Frequently Asked Questions
The U.S. Copyright Office Abraham L. Kaminstein Scholar in Residence Program invites leading academics with a demonstrated commitment to the study of copyright law and policy to spend time at the Copyright Office, at the invitation of the Register, conducting research and/or working on mutually beneficial projects. Appointments are not made on any fixed schedule but are instead based on the availability of qualified candidates and appealing projects as well as the Office's funding and priorities at the time of consideration. Designed for Legal academics (law professors, fellows, and the like) with three or more years of significant experience teaching and/or analyzing copyright law and policy.