student/intern Manuscript Division: Volunteer Internship in Processing Services
- General Website: http://www.loc.gov/rr/mss/
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/rr/mss/interns.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Library Services
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Humanities, Art and Culture; Library Information Science; Archival; History
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Apply at least 2 months in advance of tentative start date. See program website above for further information on application process and/or email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Short-term. 15 weeks (flexible)
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students (Undergraduate, Graduate); 1-year post graduation
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Manuscripts Volunteer Internship in Processing Services is a short-term program intended for currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate students (within one year of graduation) to gain experience through a project that aids processing the records of professional organizations; storing and managing over 11,000 collections.