student/intern Volunteer Internship Program (CRS)
- General Website: https://www.loc.gov/crsinfo
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/crsinfo/opportunities/volunteer.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Congressional Research Service
- Interests/Areas of Study: Public Policy; Social Policy; Foreign Policy; Natural Resources and Environmental Science; Law; American Politics; Government; Political Science; Public Administration; Public Affairs; Library and Information Science; Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Human Resources; Business
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: See program website above for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: Transit. LC Internal Discounts.
- Program Duration: Long-term. From three months to one year
- Qualifications: Unless specified, volunteer internships are open to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Congressional Research Service volunteer internships give students and professionals an opportunity to observe and learn about the legislative process at the national level.