student/intern Manuscript Division: Volunteer Internships in Reference Services
- General Website: http://www.loc.gov/rr/mss/
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/rr/mss/interns.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Library Services
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Library Information Science; Humanities, Art and Culture; American History and Culture; Archive Studies
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Apply at least 2 months in advance of tentative start date. See program website above for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Short-term. 15 weeks
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students (Undergraduate, Graduate); 1-year post graduation
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Manuscripts Volunteer Internships in Reference Services is a short term program intended for currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate students (within one year of graduation) offering experience in entry level circulation, reference response and finding aid usage.