student/intern Young Readers Center Internship Program
- General Website: http://www.read.gov/yrc/
- Hosting Service Unit: National & International Outreach
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Literature/Poetry; All with interest and aptitude for young readers
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Apply at least two months in advance of tentative start date. Email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Short-term. Fall, Spring, Summer Semester
- Qualifications: Qualifications: currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students or students who have completed a degree program within a year of starting the internship.
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Young Readers Center Internship Program offers a limited number of internships every semester. Individuals may come from all discipline backgrounds, but must demonstrate interest in working with children and teens in a library setting. The interns will have an opportunity to assist with public outreach, programming, collections, and promotion of the Library’s resources.