volunteer Young Readers Center Volunteer Program
- General Website: http://www.read.gov/yrc/
- Hosting Service Unit: National & International Outreach
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Literature/Poetry; All with interest and aptitude for young readers
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Apply at least 2 months in advance of tentative start date. Email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Long-term. 4 hrs/week for a long term
- Qualifications: Over the age of 18; Interest in working with children and young adults in a library setting
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Young Readers Center Volunteer Program is designed for individuals interested in working with children and young adults in a library setting. Volunteers are expected to have some experience working with children in an educational setting, such as a library or classroom. The Library benefits by having both seasoned professionals and students who assist with public outreach, programming, collections, and promotion of the Library’s resources.