Film, Video ZOOT SUIT
About this Item
- ZOOT SUIT
- Luis Valdez (director)
- Daniel Valdez (composer)
- Shorty Rogers, (adaptations) Daniel Valdez (music_director_and/or_conductor)
- Shorty Rogers (orchestrator)
- Shorty Rogers (arranger)
Created / Published
- - Information from: "Jazz on the Screen" by David Meeker. Used with permission. (Source)
- - Feature film (over 60 minutes).
- - "Oh babe" by Daniel Valdez, Milt Kabak, Louis Prima; "Two o'clock jump" by Harry James, Benny Goodman, Count Basie; "Perdido" by Hans Lengsfelder, Ervin Drake, Juan Tizol; "In the mood" by Andy Razaf, Joe Garland; "Sleepy lagoon" by Eric Coates; "Bugle call rag" by Jack Pettis, Billy Meyers, Elmer Schoebel; "American patrol" by E.H. Meacham; "St. Louis blues march" by W. C. Handy. (Songs)
- - Inc: Abe Most, clarinet; Plas Johnson, tenor sax; Tommy Tedesco, guitar; Emil Richards, percussion. (Soundtrack Personnel)
- - Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian (https://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-record.html).
- motion picture
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owner and/or other rights holder (such as holder of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The content of Jazz on the Screen: a Jazz and Blues Filmography by David Meeker is copyrighted by David Meeker and used here by permission of the author.
Jazz on the Screen reflects the opinions of its author, David Meeker, and not the views of the Library of Congress.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Luis Valdez, Daniel Valdez, Shorty Rogers, Shorty Rogers, and Shorty Rogers. ZOOT SUIT. USA, 1981.
APA citation style:
Luis Valdez, Daniel Valdez, Shorty Rogers, Shorty Rogers & Shorty Rogers. (1981) ZOOT SUIT. USA.
MLA citation style:
Luis Valdez, et al. ZOOT SUIT. USA, 1981.