Film, Video CHICAGO
About this Item
- Contributor Names
- Rob Marshall (director)
- (score) Danny Elfman (composer)
- Paul Bogaev, Doug Besterman, (score) Steve Bartek (music_director_and/or_conductor)
- Paul Bogaev, Maureen Crowe, Matthew Sullivan (music_supervisor)
- Doug Besterman, Michael Starobin, (score) Steve Bartek, Bruce Fowler (orchestrator)
- (dance) David Krane, (vocal) Paul Bogaev (arranger)
- Created / Published
- - Information from: "Jazz on the Screen" by David Meeker. Used with permission. (Source)
- - Feature film (over 60 minutes).
- - John Kander, Fred Ebb; + "Chicago" by Fred Fisher; "Raisin' the roof" by Dorothy Fields, Jimmy McHugh; "Tap dance" by and performed by Perry Cavari. (Songs)
- - Taye Diggs as Bandleader. (Personnel on Camera)
- - "Special thanks to Ralph Burns".
- - (London sessions) Derek Watkins, trumpet; Pete Beachill, trombone; Owen Slade, tuba; Jamie Talbot, alto sax, soprano sax, clarinet; Stan Sulzmann, alto sax, tenor sax, soprano sax, clarinet; Alan Barnes, Ray Swinfield, tenor sax, baritone sax, clarinet, bass clarinet; Dave Hartley, piano; Mitch Dalton, guitar, banjo; Chris Garrick, violin; Paul Morgan, acoustic double bass; Perry Cavari, drums; Gary Kettle, percussion. (Underscore) Inc: Jim Self, tuba; Dan Higgins, Bill Liston, reeds; Emil Richards, percussion. (Soundtrack Personnel)
- - Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian (http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-record.html).
- motion picture
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Contributors(Dance) David Krane, (Vocal) Paul Bogaev
(Score) Danny Elfman
Doug Besterman, Michael Starobin, (Score) Steve Bartek, Bruce Fowler
Paul Bogaev, Doug Besterman, (Score) Steve Bartek
Paul Bogaev, Maureen Crowe, Matthew Sullivan
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owner and/or other rights holder (such as holder of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The content of Jazz on the Screen: a Jazz and Blues Filmography by David Meeker is copyrighted by David Meeker and used here by permission of the author.
Jazz on the Screen reflects the opinions of its author, David Meeker, and not the views of the Library of Congress.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rob Marshall, Doug Besterman Paul Bogaev, Maureen Crowe Paul Bogaev, Michael Starobin Doug Besterman, and. CHICAGO. USA/Germany, 2002.
APA citation style:
Rob Marshall, Paul Bogaev, D. B., Paul Bogaev, M. C., Doug Besterman, M. S. &. (2002) CHICAGO. USA/Germany.
MLA citation style:
Rob Marshall, et al. CHICAGO. USA/Germany, 2002.