Film, Video AMERICAN GANGSTER
About this Item
- AMERICAN GANGSTER
- Alternate Title
- RETURN OF SUPERFLY££,THE RETURN OF SUPERFLY££,THE
- Contributor Names
- Ridley Scott (director)
- Marc Streitenfeld, (additional) Hank Shocklee (composer)
- Michael Nowak (music_director_and/or_conductor)
- Kathy Nelson (music_supervisor)
- Bruce Fowler, Walt Fowler, Steve Fowler, Yvonne S. Moriarty, Rick Giovinazzo. (orchestrator)
- Created / Published
- - Information from: "Jazz on the Screen" by David Meeker. Used with permission. (Source)
- - Feature film (over 60 minutes).
- - "Checkin' up on my baby" by Sonny Boy Williamson; "Why don't we do it in the road" performed by Lowell Fulson; "No shoes" by and performed by John Lee Hooker; "Winter wonderland" by Richard B. Smith, Felix Bernard, performed by Louis Armstrong. (Songs)
- - Recorded on the Sony Scoring Stage.
- - Inc: Rick Baptist, Warren Luening, Jon Lewis, trumpet; Bill Reichenbach, Charlie Loper, Phil Teele, trombone; Steve Becknell, Brian O'Connor, Jim Thatcher, Rick Todd, French horn; James Walker, flute; Pedro Eustache, reeds; Oscar Hidalgo, acoustic double bass; Jerry Williams, Bob Zimmitti, percussion. (Soundtrack Personnel)
- - Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian (http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-record.html).
- motion picture
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owner and/or other rights holder (such as holder of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The content of Jazz on the Screen: a Jazz and Blues Filmography by David Meeker is copyrighted by David Meeker and used here by permission of the author.
Jazz on the Screen reflects the opinions of its author, David Meeker, and not the views of the Library of Congress.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Jazz on the Screen is a reference work of filmographic information and does not point to digitized versions of the items described. The Library of Congress may or may not own a copy of a particular film or video. To request additional information Ask a Librarian.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ridley Scott, Marc Streitenfeld, Michael Nowak, Kathy Nelson, and Walt Fowler Bruce Fowler. AMERICAN GANGSTER. USA, 2007.
APA citation style:
Ridley Scott, Marc Streitenfeld, Michael Nowak, Kathy Nelson & Bruce Fowler, W. F. (2007) AMERICAN GANGSTER. USA.
MLA citation style:
Ridley Scott, et al. AMERICAN GANGSTER. USA, 2007.