Audio Recording The birds The birds
About this Item
- The birds
- Other Title
- The birds
- Male vocal solo, with piano and whistling
- Contributor Names
- Belmont, Joseph: vocalist, whistling
- Macdonough, Harry: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Belmont, Joseph: arranger
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Belmont, Joseph, performing. Macdonough, Harry, performing. Victor 2445. Matrix/Take: A-27/1.
- Original Format
- sound recording
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Belmont, Joseph: Vocalist, Whistling, Harry: Vocalist Macdonough, and Joseph: Arranger Belmont. The Birds. 1903. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-117585/.
APA citation style:
Belmont, J. V., Macdonough, H. V. & Belmont, J. A. (1903) The Birds. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-117585/.
MLA citation style:
Belmont, Joseph: Vocalist, Whistling, Harry: Vocalist Macdonough, and Joseph: Arranger Belmont. The Birds. 1903. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-117585/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingIndependentia march
Independentia march Belmont, Joseph, performing. Victor 1161. Matrix/Take: [Pre-matrix A-]1161/2.
- Contributor: Belmont, Joseph
- Date: 1901-12-11
Audio RecordingAnvil chorus
Anvil chorus | Il trovatore | Trovatore. Vedi! le fosche notturne spoglie; arranged Belmont, Joseph, performing. Victor 2449. Matrix/Take: [Pre-matrix B-]2179/M-1.
- Contributor: Belmont, Joseph - Verdi, Giuseppe
- Date: 1903-04-23
Audio RecordingThe wedding of the Reuben and the maid
The wedding of the Reuben and the maid Dudley, S. H., performing. Macdonough, Harry, performing. Victor 1246. Matrix/Take: [Pre-matrix B-]1246/M-1.
- Contributor: Macdonough, Harry - Levi, Maurice - Smith, Harry Bache - Dudley, S. H.
- Date: 1902-02-08
Audio RecordingCollege life march
College life march Arthur Pryor's Orchestra, performing. Victor Orchestra, performing. Dudley, S. H., performing. Macdonough, Harry, performing. Victor 4318. Matrix/Take: B-2308/2.
- Contributor: Victor Orchestra - Macdonough, Harry - Rogers, Walter - Arthur Pryor's Orchestra - Frantzen, Henry - Dudley, S. H.
- Date: 1905-02-16
Audio RecordingWoodland songsters waltz
Cantores del monte | Woodland songsters waltz Victor Orchestra, performing. Belmont, Joseph, performing. Victor 31486. Matrix/Take: C-2947/2.
- Contributor: Ziehrer, Carl Michael - Rogers, Walter - Victor Orchestra - Belmont, Joseph
- Date: 1905-12-13