Audio Recording The grey dove The grey dove / Chin-chin
About this Item
- The grey dove
- Other Title
- The grey dove
- Soprano vocal solo, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Caryll, Ivan: composer
- Romaine, Margaret : vocalist, soprano vocal
- Caldwell, Anne: composer
- Rogers, Walter B. : conductor
- Musical theater
- Classical music
- Source of original recording: Department of Special Collections, Davidson Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Romaine, Margaret , performing. Victor 60133. Matrix/Take: B-15536/5.
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Caryll, Ivan: Composer, Margaret: Vocalist Romaine, Anne: Composer Caldwell, and Walter B.: Conductor Rogers. The Grey Dove. 1915. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-11906/.
APA citation style:
Caryll, I. C., Romaine, M.:. V., Caldwell, A. C. & Rogers, W. B.:. C. (1915) The Grey Dove. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-11906/.
MLA citation style:
Caryll, Ivan: Composer, et al. The Grey Dove. 1915. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-11906/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingOh Gustave
Oh Gustave | The midnight girl MacFarlane, George, performing. Romaine, Margaret , performing. Victor 60118. Matrix/Take: B-14799/2.
- Contributor: Romaine, Margaret - Briquet, Jean - Paulton, Edward A. - Philipp, Adolf - Macfarlane, George
- Date: 1914-05-05
Audio RecordingGems from Chin chin
Chin-chin. Selections | Gems from Chin chin | Happy new year ; Violet ; Good-bye, girls ; Love moon ; Ragtime temple bells Victor Light Opera Company, performing. Marsh, Lucy Isabelle, performing. Kline, Olive, performing. Dunlap, Marguerite, performing. Wheeler, Elizabeth, performing. Murphy, Lambert, performing. Macdonough, Harry, performing. Hooley, William F. , performing. Werrenrath, Reinald, performing....
- Contributor: Caryll, Ivan - Wheeler, Elizabeth - Dunlap, Marguerite - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Murphy, Lambert - Rogers, Walter - O'Dea, James - Caldwell, Anne - Kline, Olive - Victor Light Opera Company - Marsh, Lucy Isabelle
- Date: 1915-03-05
Audio RecordingWaltz entrancing
Waltz entrancing | Alone at last Kline, Olive, performing. Victor 17922. Matrix/Take: B-16771/5.
- Contributor: Rogers, Walter - Kline, Olive - Lehár, Franz - Herbert, Joseph
- Date: 1915-11-23
Audio RecordingThe ladder of roses
The ladder of roses | Hip-hip hooray Kline, Olive, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 17922. Matrix/Take: B-16772/5.
- Contributor: Hubbell, Raymond - Rogers, Walter - Kline, Olive - Burnside, R. H. - Rattay, Howard
- Date: 1915-11-23
Audio RecordingYum-Yum's song
The moon and I | Mikado | Mikado. Selections | Yum-Yum's song Romaine, Margaret , performing. Victor 60122. Matrix/Take: B-15006/1.
- Contributor: Sullivan, Arthur - Romaine, Margaret
- Date: 1914-06-24