Audio Recording The mocking bird The mocking bird
About this Item
- The mocking bird
- Other Title
- The mocking bird
- Female-male vocal duet, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Milburn, Richard: composer
- Morgan, Corinne: vocalist, contralto
- Stanley, Frank C.: vocalist, bass vocal
- Winner, Septimus: lyricist
- Popular music
- Source of original recording: Department of Special Collections, Davidson Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Morgan, Corinne, performing. Stanley, Frank C., performing. Victor 31316. Matrix/Take: C-1725/4.
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Milburn, Richard: Composer, Corinne: Vocalist Morgan, Frank C.: Vocalist Stanley, and Septimus: Lyricist Winner. The Mocking Bird. 1904. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-120453/.
APA citation style:
Milburn, R. C., Morgan, C. V., Stanley, F. C.:. V. & Winner, S. L. (1904) The Mocking Bird. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-120453/.
MLA citation style:
Milburn, Richard: Composer, et al. The Mocking Bird. 1904. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-120453/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingThe mocking bird
The mocking bird Morgan, Corinne, performing. Stanley, Frank C., performing. Victor 4080. Matrix/Take: B-1725/5.
- Contributor: Milburn, Richard - Stanley, Frank C. - Morgan, Corinne - Winner, Septimus
- Date: 1904-11-16
Audio RecordingBy the light of the honeymoon
By the light of the honeymoon Stanley, Frank C., performing. Morgan, Corinne, performing. Victor 35039. Matrix/Take: C-3108/4.
- Contributor: Caldwell, Anne - O'Dea, James - Stanley, Frank C. - Morgan, Corinne
- Date: 1906-03-20
Audio RecordingOh that we two were maying
Oh that we two were maying | O that we two were maying | Sketchbook. Oh! that we two were maying Stanley, Frank C., performing. Morgan, Corinne, performing. Victor 2533. Matrix/Take: B-613/1.
- Contributor: Smith, Wilson - Stanley, Frank C. - Morgan, Corinne - Kingsley, Charles
- Date: 1903-10-28
Audio RecordingThe moon has his eye on you
The moon has his eyes on you | The moon has his eye on you Stanley, Frank C., performing. Morgan, Corinne, performing. Victor 31526. Matrix/Take: C-3147/3.
- Contributor: Von Tilzer, Albert - Stanley, Frank C. - Morgan, Corinne - Johnson, Billy
- Date: 1906-03-20
Lullaby Morgan, Corinne, performing. Victor 31584. Matrix/Take: C-3859/2.
- Contributor: Morgan, Corinne
- Date: 1906-10-08