Audio Recording In the evening by the moonlight
About this Item
- In the evening by the moonlight
- Male vocal quartet, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Bland, James A. -- Lyricist
- Haydn Quartet -- Vocal Group
- Hooley, William F. -- Vocalist -- Bass Vocal
- Bland, James A. -- Composer
- Wells, John Barnes -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Macdonough, Harry -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Werrenrath, Reinald -- Vocalist -- Baritone Vocal
- Popular music
- Media Size
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-2451 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania [unconfirmed]
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Bland, James A.
- Haydn Quartet
- Hooley, William F.
- Macdonough, Harry
- Wells, John Barnes
- Werrenrath, Reinald
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse. Disc labels that are more than 95 years old are now in the public domain and are free to use and reuse. The Library presents more recent disc labels with permission or under fair use.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bland, James A, Haydn Quartet, William F Hooley, James A Bland, John Barnes Wells, Harry Macdonough, and Reinald Werrenrath. In the Evening by the Moonlight. 1905. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-121555/.
APA citation style:
Bland, J. A., Haydn Quartet, Hooley, W. F., Bland, J. A., Wells, J. B., Macdonough, H. & Werrenrath, R. (1905) In the Evening by the Moonlight. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-121555/.
MLA citation style:
Bland, James A, et al. In the Evening by the Moonlight. 1905. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-121555/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingIn the evening by the moonlight Victor 17305. Matrix/Take: B-2451/8.
- Contributor: Wells, John Barnes - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Bland, James A. - Haydn Quartet
- Date: 1908-12-22
Audio RecordingBring back my Bonnie to me Victor 16105. Matrix/Take: B-3398[a]/1.
- Contributor: Macdonough, Harry - Bieling, John H. - Dudley, S. H. - Hooley, William F. - Haydn Quartet
- Date: 1906-05-21
Audio RecordingLet me write what I never dared to tell Victor 4655. Matrix/Take: B-3122/4.
- Contributor: Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Casey, Charles E. - Rosenfeld, Monroe H. - Bieling, John H. - Murray, Billy - Haydn Quartet
- Date: 1906-02-19
Audio RecordingBonnie Jean Victor 5026. Matrix/Take: B-4146/7.
- Contributor: Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Snyder, Ted - Bieling, John H. - Haydn Quartet - Bryan, Alfred - Dudley, S. H.
- Date: 1907-01-14
Audio RecordingWill you love me in December as you do in May? Victor 4575. Matrix/Take: B-2925/4.
- Contributor: Hooley, William F. - Walker, James John - Ball, Ernest R. - Macdonough, Harry - Bieling, John H. - Haydn Quartet - Dudley, S. H.
- Date: 1905-12-06