Audio Recording Keep on the sunny side Keep on the sunny side
About this Item
- Keep on the sunny side
- Other Title
- Keep on the sunny side
- Male vocal solo, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Morse, Theodore F. : composer
- Murray, Billy: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Drislane, Jack: lyricist
- Popular music
- Source of original recording: Department of Special Collections, Davidson Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Murray, Billy, performing. Victor 35034. Matrix/Take: C-3096/2.
- Original Format
- sound recording
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Morse, Theodore F.: Composer, Billy: Vocalist Murray, and Jack: Lyricist Drislane. Keep on the Sunny Side. 1906. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-122513/.
APA citation style:
Morse, T. F.:. C., Murray, B. V. & Drislane, J. L. (1906) Keep on the Sunny Side. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-122513/.
MLA citation style:
Morse, Theodore F.: Composer, Billy: Vocalist Murray, and Jack: Lyricist Drislane. Keep on the Sunny Side. 1906. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-122513/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingTake me where there's a big brass band
Take me where there's a big brass band Murray, Billy, performing. Haydn Quartet, performing. Victor 5216. Matrix/Take: B-4645/00.
- Contributor: Morse, Theodore F. - Haydn Quartet - Murray, Billy - Drislane, Jack
- Date: 1907-07-08
Audio RecordingCrocodile Isle
Crocodile Isle Murray, Billy, performing. Victor 4817. Matrix/Take: B-3332/2.
- Contributor: Morse, Theodore F. - Murray, Billy - Drislane, Jack
- Date: 1906-04-24
Audio RecordingJust a little rocking chair and you
Just a little rocking chair and you Murray, Billy, performing. Haydn Quartet, performing. Bieling, John H. , performing. Macdonough, Harry, performing. Hooley, William F. , performing. Victor 31501. Matrix/Take: C-3087/2.
- Contributor: Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Bieling, John H. - Fitzgibbon, Bert - Murray, Billy - Morse, Theodore F. - Drislane, Jack - Haydn Quartet
- Date: 1906-02-06
Audio RecordingThe good old U.S.A.
The good old U.S.A. Myers, J. W. , performing. Victor 4761. Matrix/Take: B-3421/3.
- Contributor: Morse, Theodore F. - Myers, J. W. - Drislane, Jack
- Date: 1906-05-29
Audio RecordingCan't you see my heart beats all for you?
Can't you see my heart beats all for you? Spencer, Len, performing. Murray, Billy, performing. Victor 4152. Matrix/Take: B-1918/3.
- Contributor: Morse, Theodore F. - Fitzgibbon, Bert - Murray, Billy - Spencer, Len
- Date: 1904-11-10