Audio Recording Beautiful Isle of Somewhere Beautiful Isle of Somewhere
About this Item
- Beautiful Isle of Somewhere
- Other Title
- Beautiful Isle of Somewhere
- Tenor vocal solo, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Fearis, J. S.: composer
- Jarvis, Harold: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Pounds, Jessie Brown: lyricist
- Classical music
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fearis, J. S.: Composer, Harold: Vocalist Jarvis, and Jessie Brown: Lyricist Pounds. Beautiful Isle of Somewhere. 1908. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-126342/.
APA citation style:
Fearis, J. S.:. C., Jarvis, H. V. & Pounds, J. B. L. (1908) Beautiful Isle of Somewhere. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-126342/.
MLA citation style:
Fearis, J. S.: Composer, Harold: Vocalist Jarvis, and Jessie Brown: Lyricist Pounds. Beautiful Isle of Somewhere. 1908. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-126342/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingBeautiful Isle of Somewhere
Beautiful Isle of Somewhere Burr, Henry, performing. Schmidt, Alexander, performing. Victor 16008. Matrix/Take: B-27340/6.
- Contributor: Bourdon, Rosario - Fearis, J. S. - Schmidt, Alexander - Burr, Henry - Pounds, Jessie Brown
- Date: 1923-01-05
Audio RecordingJesus, I am resting
Jesus, I am resting Jarvis, Harold, performing. Victor 16007. Matrix/Take: B-6139/2.
- Contributor: Pigott, Jean Sophia - Jarvis, Harold - Mountain, J.
- Date: 1908-05-27
Audio RecordingGospel songs no. 4
The home over there ; Beautiful Isle of Somewhere ; Shall we gather at the river ; Tell Mother I'll be there ; When the road leads home | Gospel songs no. 4 Victor Light Opera Company, performing. Kline, Olive, performing. Marsh, Lucy Isabelle, performing. Dunlap, Marguerite, performing. Wheeler, Elizabeth, performing. Murphy, Lambert, performing. Macdonough, Harry, performing. Hooley, William F. , performing. Werrenrath, Reinald, performing....
- Contributor: Towner, D. - Wheeler, Elizabeth - Pasternack, Josef - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - O'Kane, T. C. - Lowry, Robert - Fillmore, Charles M. - Murphy, Lambert ... Towner, D. - Wheeler, Elizabeth - Pasternack, Josef - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - O'Kane, T. C. - Lowry, Robert - Fillmore, Charles M. - Murphy, Lambert - Huntington, Dewitt Clinton - Towner, D. B. - Dunlap, Marguerite - Kline, Olive - Marsh, Lucy Isabelle - Fearis, J. S. - Pounds, Jessie Brown - Victor Light Opera Company
- Date: 1916-12-21
Audio RecordingMary of Argyle
Mary of Argyle Jarvis, Harold, performing. Victor 16033. Matrix/Take: B-6132/3.
- Contributor: Jarvis, Harold - Jefferys, Charles - Nelson, Sidney
- Date: 1908-05-29
Audio RecordingThe Bay of Biscay
The Bay of Biscay Jarvis, Harold, performing. Victor 16033. Matrix/Take: B-6144/2.
- Contributor: Jarvis, Harold - Davy, John - Cherry, A.
- Date: 1908-04-23